Saturday, July 21, 2012

Tutorial - Getting More From Your Dies

Hi there, my name is Renee Matarese and today I have a tutorial that will show you how to make the most of the tools you have.

I've chosen a set of Spellbinders frames and used the 2 largest on my card. As we all know these dies can be a little pricey ... especially when you think you need them ALL!!

I'm going to show you that if you have a frame you can turn it into a border and a corner die as well.

To make corners your first step is to cut out a frame.


Next take a square punch (or some cutting tool)and cut it out as shown in the photo.


To make another style corner cut another frame and then trim out the inside as shown.


Trim out the corners with scissors or a knife. You can also use the sides to make a border. Trim the sides of the frame, line them up, and glue them together. I've used the border on the inside of my card.



I hope this inspires you to try and see your dies or other tools in a new light.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips and inspiration . Great tutorial too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic idea!!!! Thanks, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the ideas, I'm one of those who wants it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just goes to show - an old dog CAN learn new tricks! TFS (-:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Renee, especially love the one with the square punch. I will try to think outside of the box next time I use my dies.
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! I love the idea about the corners!

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear what you think about our challenges, so leave us a comment.